Mikkeller - racing beer

Mikkeller - Racing Beer      




Another beer from mikkeller this time their Racing beer This beer has been brewed in association with Danish running club Hechmann Running.  It is an hypotonic drink which are ideal for after exercise as it is taken up more quickly by the body than water.  It also provides Vitamin B2, B5 & B12 Which assists in keeping the nervous system healthy and boosts production of red blood cells. It is a wheat beer with a fruity apricot Finnish





Brewery:      Mikkeler          Beer:     Running Beer

Style:            Wheat                 

Hops:           ?

Country:      Denmark     

Other:           Vegan, Hypotonic  


AF Beer Explorers Thoughts

The beer pours with a light yellow colour has a very sour smell to it.  I think grapefruit.
The taste is initially sour but then broadens and Tropical fruit flavours come through with Apricot on Pineapple coming first to mind.  There is a sour finish but not overpowering.  I'm not one for running but would be interested to try this after a cycle or other exercise and see how it's hypotonic properties work.  Conclusion.  This doesn't taste like a traditional wheat beer in fact it's more like a sour. I don't think this would be a beer for everyone as the sourness could be off putting to a lot but I enjoyed it,  wouldn't be one I could see me drinking loads of in the evening but occasionally I could see myself having one.  Maybe the next one I will combine with exercise.

Available From



                   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Alcohol Free Exploration of Cardiff Pubs.

Guinness 0.0 Draught vs Big Drop Good Things Irish Stout

Fruh Kolsch AlkoholFrei