Encoder Beers - Doppler

 


Encoder beers started back in 2013 by two brothers, Will and Tom, who grew up on the countryside. They have stayed to their roots and have continued brewing beer in the countryside. They set out on a mission "to produce great beer that is crafted to be at maximum altitude on flavour, yet perfects balanced and drinkable". They brew a range of 8 beers, which includes a, alcohol-free been in Doppler. I think it's great that for a small brewery, they have decided to add an alcohol-free option to their core range. Good for them. 


Brewery: Encoder Beers

Beer: Doppler

Style: IPA

Country: UK


@HoppyAF's thoughts

I was really pleased to stumble upon this brewery when scrolling through Twitter. it appears that not many others in the alcohol-free beer twitter world had heard o this one, so it's great to be showcasing it here. I'm always up for trying something new so needed to introduction to make an order and give it a try. 

Firstly, I was totally made up to receive a hand written note from the brewers to say thank you for the order that they hoped I enjoyed it. Second, I love the can. It's simple but there is just something about it that I really like. I love all the fantastic artwork on the cans available at the moment, but this is clean and, like the rest of their range, simple - yet wonderful. 



It pours to a lovely rich caramel colour. I wasn't expecting this as so many craft IPA's are pale an hazy. It smells sweet, just the caramel liquid that I've poured into my glass. Encoder have brewed Doppler using three different hops; Amarillo, Simcoe and Cascade. The citrus flavours coming from these hops does come through, and there is a sweetness to it that keeps it balanced. It might be a little on the sweet side for some people, but I rather enjoyed it. 


Available from

Encoder Beers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Alcohol Free Exploration of Cardiff Pubs.

Fruh Kolsch AlkoholFrei

Guinness 0.0 Draught vs Big Drop Good Things Irish Stout